Cavy Classifieds
March 28, 2024, 11:14:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Under no circumstance will the sale of pregnant sows be tolerated.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Joining Cavy Classifieds ~ Q & A

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joining Cavy Classifieds ~ Q & A  (Read 395 times)
Pristine Pigs
To Contact The Admin Email: kim.lt75@yahoo.com
Administrator

Black Tan, Beige Tan & Seal Sable

« on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:41 am »

I know much of what I am about to put is probably covered in some of the other posts in this section but I feel there is a need to clear a few thing up.

What Is Cavy Classifieds:
The Classfieds are just that, a Classifeds site to sell and buy cavies and cavy items using a forum set up. It was initally set up in 2004 after a forum I belonged to did not allow cavy sale. People would post about their pigs and mention that they had to rehome them which was a sneaky way of saying they were avalible. So I set up the Cavy Classifed to enable people to sell/request cavies more openly. I feel so far it has been successful in doing that I hope that it continues to do so.

Reason for The Move:
It seems there has been a spate of spam emails going around. A spam bot gets into a forum or address list and sends spam emails out to people saying they are from other people they possibly know. It seems that some of this may have started on the old site hence the move to a more secure location.

Re-registering:
Because we have moved to a new site it means that old member will have to re-register. Naturally I was unable to move all this info from on set up to another.

Who Can Join:
Anyone who has an interst in cavies and the fancy. The Classifieds are NOT a forum, but a Classifieds using a forum layout. This enables people to place and update their own ads rather than have to email someone and wait for them to place it for them. So wheather you show full time or part, wheather you don't breed at all or just keep a few pets, if you have a cavy interest and would prefer to purchase you cavies from/or sell your cavies to other who have a genuine cavy interest then join away.

Why Are You Asking Who We Know In The Email From The Old Classified:
To make sure that the people registering have a genuine cavy interest. It is to try to deter those who would join just to spam the boards. As a person I have no real interst in who you do or do not know, it is just a way of me trying to protect my site. No offence is meant by this in any way and there is no in crowd thing going on. If I know you or have heard of you your registration will be approved straight away. To date so far 2 spammers have been banned already as it has been found they have no interest in cavies and no links to cavies.

How Long Will It Take For My Account To Be Approved:
Well that depends. It could be right away, but generally within 24 hours. I run the site in my spare time as I do have a full time job to go to aswell.

Accounts Awaiting Activation:
Any account not activated within one month of registering will be deleted, no questions asked.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:23:22 am by Pristine Pigs » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pristine Pigs
To Contact The Admin Email: kim.lt75@yahoo.com
Administrator

Black Tan, Beige Tan & Seal Sable

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:10:50 am »

If you have any question as to what, where and why then please feel free to ask them in this post and I will do my up most to answer them.

Registered Members Questions:

Hi
Not sure if this is the right place, but when I signed in I ticked the box to keep me logged in, but it is logging me out each time, what do I need to do? thank you

Is the log in box showing under the site banner? If so when you log in choose the "log in forever" option. I have just look at the settings and I think it was turned of. Let me know if there is still a problem.
Which section are you logging into? There are two bits that you can gain access to the Classifieds with.

I use the one that is under the banner and change the opition to FOREVER in there.

Rather than ticking the box in this screen:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:23:07 am by Pristine Pigs » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: